Thursday, January 3, 2013

Forgiveness is Part of the New Paradigm




“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” 
                                                                                                                                            Gandhi



It is only the beginning of 2013 and it seems that so many things we thought we needed in 2012 have already fallen away. Is this the big change everyone was talking about? And why is it that time is speeding up for everyone? It is almost as if time is dissolving right before our very eyes.

Everyone I meet is on a healing journey. These people may be on different legs of that journey, but one thing keeps coming up for all of them: forgiveness.

I believe that 2013 is all about forgiveness. We know now more than ever that we need to be free of the past to be able to fully accept the glorious future that is coming to us all and forgiveness opens up the door and clears out all the junk that's holding us back.

It was when I started thinking about the difficulties of forgiveness in my own life that I stumbled (not coincidentally of course) on Ho'oponopono.

This is an ancient Hawaiian practice of forgiveness meditation that helps to heal anger and guilt between people. With Ho'oponopono practice, you agree that your present reality is all your own doing. Yes, wherever you are, you are the one who drove you there. 

The great thing about trying this meditation is that the letting go of anger and blame happens very quickly. (There's that time thing again.) Almost instantly, really. But that doesn't mean it's easy.

The first time I tried it, I stopped in the middle. I actually said "NO!" and refused to continue. But after a few minutes I went back, tried again, and my life has never been the same.

I had searched for some guided Ho'oponopono meditation videos online, but in the end, I decided to make my own with some music by Zak Godwin. The music is authentic and feels more like something I would listen to daily. The words are taken from my study and understanding of Ho'oponopono. 


Feel free to try it for yourself.

With Much Love and Respect, here is the Guided Ho'oponopono Video I made:














No comments:

Post a Comment