Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New Project Ideas







A new semester has started and I'm already thinking of projects that inform and improve my teaching. The first project will deal with my basic writing classes at Nashville State. I would like to actually rethink the way we are teaching remedial courses from refreshers to being ESL based. I'll have details later after I do some initial research, but I am starting to feel that we need to redo the course as if it is a NEW language altogether. The second project will be based on using Skype for student-teacher conferences at MTSU. I feel that students are more comfortable with video chat than actual human interaction - especially when it comes to communicating with a teacher. Of course, I'll start with a little research before I continue.









No comments:

Post a Comment