Friday, August 31, 2012

Roux Maison - Love Your Laundry

My hair stylist, Toni, recently gave me some samples (travel sizes) of an all natural laundry detergent made here in Nashville. In fact, I think I got almost 10 samples from her. I've been making my own laundry detergent for quite some time because I am concerned about the chemical toxins in store-bought laundry detergents - but that really gets to be a pain sometimes. It was a nice surprise to see a local company making exactly what I wanted.




Needless to say, I have used up all my samples, and I am happy to report that Roux Maison is an excellent alternative to your regular clothes detergent. I found their products to be exactly as advertised: "Highly concentrated, eco friendly, fabric specific laundry detergents and stain remover for all of your laundering needs." I washed sheets, clothes, towels, you name it, and I was happy with how they all came out.




Roux Maison offers two scents in all their products - Ambrosia and Sweet Tea along with an unscented version of their detergents as well.  My favorite was Sweet Tea!

Their website has loads of information (pardon the pun), along with a list of stores that carry their products. You can also buy online. Please check them out!


The following is taken from their site. It explains why they are such a great company.


  • A complete family of environmentally friendly, fabric-specific laundry detergents, each precisely tailored to conserve your various fabrics and address all of your laundering needs while keeping your home and family safe from unnecessary, harmful chemicals
  • Highly concentrated products all require less water, less packaging and less energy to transport
  • Hypo-allergenic and safe for sensitive skin
  • All products leave no chemical residue on you or your fabrics
  • Saves time and money on dry cleaning
  • Two exclusive fragrances, each a custom blend of therapeutic grade, 100% essential oils
  • 16 oz of detergent = 40 loads of laundry
  • Fragrance-Free products do not contain any masking chemicals and are ideal for those with the most sensitive skin
  • Products are all readily biodegradable
  • All ingredients are classified as non-hazardous
  • Neutral pH
  • Vegan
  • Roux Maison never conducts animal testing
  • Products do not contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate (SLES), Formaldehyde, Pthalates, 1,4 Dioxane, Parabens, Phosphates, Optical Brighteners, Genetically Modified (GMO) Ingredients, marine pollutants, artificial fragrances, or artificial dyes
  • BPA-free bottles
  • Detergents are all low sudsing and safe for septic tanks
  • Each detergent is specially formulated for all types of washing machines, including High Efficiency






No comments:

Post a Comment