Friday, October 8, 2010

Notes from Big Red - 1



10/8/10

This is my first morning waking up as a quasi-resident of Nashville. The plan is to move here – to Big Red - in December. 

Big Red is a downtown building of 16 loft apartments – all with exposed beams, mismatched brick and stone walls, and wood/ concrete floors.  I love this place.  My boyfriend has lived here for years and I am coming to cohabitate with him until we find a place in the country to live out the “big change.”  (But more on that later.)

Since I first came here, Big Red has felt like a good place to be; and now, it feels like home.  The plan is to re-paint and find room for my stuff. I don’t have much furniture to bring up from Alabama. The only real concern is finding a place for my shoes. Sure, I could move them down to the boyfriend’s storage unit downstairs, but a girl likes to keep her shoes close.

Today the boyfriend will take me to explore some places in Nashville.  I hope to find places that I will like to shop. (I’m such a girl sometimes.)  But also, I hope to come back here  - to Big Red – and get some writing done. I’m pretty inspired here – and Big Red is the perfect place to materialize the stuff I’m working on. (More on that later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment