Sunday, October 10, 2010

Back to BAMA

10/10/10

I'm driving back to Alabama today. The boyfriend has already gone to  work (an 8:00 call for rehearsal set-up). This is my first time relaxing in Big Red all by myself, and the first thing I thought to do - write. Yeah, I'm going to get alot done here.

The Dragon Cat and I are lounging on the sofa watching some stolen cable (he has 6 channels) while I recall this first weekend in Nashville.



My favorite time: visiting with friends of the boyfriend on Friday night.  Emily and Allen are this amazing couple who welcomed me with candles, hugs, and a very excited 6-month-old German Shepherd, Merle.  Merle had a bit of my wine when I wasn't looking, but otherwise, he was a well-behaved boy.



Emily and Allen work together at a place that does video production, which they are planning to buy soon!
We watched some of the home movies Emily had transfered for customers - amazing video of Mardi Gras from the 50s, home parties from the 60s, a boy's entire life; it was so interesting and personal. It's weird to think that you would get emotionally invested in someone else's home movies - but that's exactly what happened.

I invited them to come fishing at Whatley Farms and hang with me and the boyfriend while I'm still in Bama.



Me and the cat are headed there in about an hour.  Hopefully I'll be back here soon.
I love Nashville.

No comments:

Post a Comment