Saturday, January 7, 2012

Why I Left My Bra at the Belcourt

Before there were hipster icons like Jack White, there was the real thing - Crispin Glover.

Crispin Glover may be one of the weirdest - and most genuine actors of our time.....or any time. That's why I took off my bra at the Belcourt Theatre and left it there...in honor of him. Or of his insistence on making people uncomfortable. Or it could have been the wine. Whatever.

I can't really explain the movie, What Is It. Or the 8 book readings that Crispin Glover performed before the showing of the movie. But I can list just a few things I saw and heard. I leave it to your judgement/enjoyment/horror to digest. But there's no way I can help you understand.

Book Readings:

Pictures of rat carcasses
A picture of a guy doing a lamb
That lamb skinned
Yelling about turnips!
I love you.
Quiet!


The movie: What Is It


People with Down Syndrome getting it on
A guy with Down Syndrome getting a hand job from a naked lady with a monkey mask on
Killing snails with salt - lots and lots of snails
Shirley Temple with a nazi whip in her vagina
Red Swastikas
A guy in black face representing Michael Jackson
A racist country song

Basically, the movie is all about doing anything that makes corporate media uncomfortable. It may not be anything that you or I would want to see, but the fact that he is out there fighting them makes him ok with me.

And that's why I left my bra.

Watch this for further explanation:


No comments:

Post a Comment